Have you noticed the huge trend in peanut butter alternatives? Everything from almond butter to coconut butter, but have you tried sunflower seed butter? On top of the great nutritional value that raw, unprocessed, sunflower seed butter offers, it's also nut-free and perfect for kids lunches at schools, or snacks for the office!
Try our latest recipe from Pure Life Science - Vanilla Sunflower Seed Butter! The best part? It's Paleo AND Keto Friendly!
See if you can spot the Essential Fatty Acid ingredients that match 1 of the ingredients in Pure Form Omega!
Original Recipe Inspired By: Bake It Paleo
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 3 CUPS Raw Shelled Sunflower Seeds **hint**hint**
- 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
- Salt (1/2 - 1 TSP or to taste)
- Baking Sheet
- Food Processor
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Sealable Storage Jar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Spread raw, shelled sunflower seeds on baking sheet
- Bake sunflower seeds in over for 10 minutes
- Remove sunflower seeds from oven and let cool
- Blend roasted sunflower seeds, vanilla extract and salt in your food processor until smooth and creamy
- Be sure to take breaks and scrape the sides of the food processor as the sunflower paste will get stuck
- Taste as you go and add salt as needed
- Remove from processor, store in sealable jar and enjoy!
While you can make this without roasting the sunflower seeds before hand, we highly recommend roasting them as it makes the blending process easier and results in a creamer butter.
If you want something unsweetened, skip out on adding the vanilla extract! Your sunflower seed butter will still be smooth and creamy.
Original Recipe: https://bakeitpaleo.com/sunflower-seed-butter/
INGREDIENT ANSWER: Sunflower Seeds! Organic Sunflower Seed Oil is one of the key Omega 6 ingredients found in Pure Form Omega!