9 Way to Achieve Healthier Skin & Improved Health
Everybody is interested in healthy skin—especially those of us with skin conditions. Dermatologists are among the busiest specialists in the world, but there are remarkably few treatment options available for their patients. One thing is for certain, however: healthy skin starts with a healthy diet!
Here is a basic dietary approach that can help many skin conditions and improve skin healing:
- Avoid anything that injures skin, such as processed vegetable oils (canola, soy, corn, and any generic vegetable oils or oils for deep frying); fish or krill oils that can potentially lead to damaged skin, age spots, and may make you more prone to skin cancer; and sunscreens with artificial ingredients such as titanium dioxide or petroleum-based products.
- Consume healthy fats with high amounts of organic omega-6 (like raw seeds or nuts), and take supplements with high-quality oils in them (such as Pure Form Omega).
- Take marine collagen. Collagen is a protein that contains high amounts of the amino acid, glycine. Marine source is best, as it is less likely to be contaminated by the chemical, glyphosate (a glycine analogue), the most widely-used agricultural chemical in the world today.
- Take 15 to 30 mg of zinc per day (as an amino acid chelate).
- Take 50 ug of selenium per day (as an amino acid chelate).
- Take up to 1000 mg of Vitamin C a day.
- Take 150 ug of biotin per day.
- Take 12,500 IU of Vitamin A per day.
- Take 500 mg of Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) three times a day.
If you can follow these nine steps, you will notice considerably healthier skin and overall improved health!