Here is the first recipe from Pure Life Science! See if you can spot the Essential Fatty Acid ingredient that matches one of the ingredients in Pure Form Omega.
Original Recipe from: Minimalist Baker
This recipe for Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Naturally sweetened lemon bars, made with 10 ingredients is a huge hit for anyone with a serious sweet tooth!
- Source: Minimalist Baker
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- Bake Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Servings: 9
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup coconut cream* (the hardened portion at the top of full-fat coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (2 large lemons yield ~1/2 cup or 120 ml)
- 1 heaping tbsp lemon zest (1 large lemon yields ~1 heaping tbsp or 4 g)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (plus more to taste)
- 2 tbsp organic powdered sugar (optional/for topping)
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4-5 tbsp coconut oil (melted) **hint**hint**
- Add raw cashews to a mixing bowl and cover with boiling hot water. Let rest for 1 hour (uncovered). Drain thoroughly.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add oats, almonds, sea salt, and coconut sugar to a high speed blender and mix on high until a fine meal is achieved.
- Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and add maple syrup and melted coconut oil, starting with lesser end of range (4 tbsp or 60g as original recipe is written – adjust if altering batch size) and adding more if it’s too dry. Stir with a spoon to combine until a loose dough is formed. You should be able to squeeze the mixture between two fingers and form a dough instead of it crumbling. If too dry, add a bit more melted coconut oil.
- Transfer mixture to parchment-lined baking sheet and spread evenly. Then place parchment paper on top and use a flat-bottomed object, such as a drinking glass, to press down firmly until it’s evenly distributed and well packed.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then increase heat to 375 F and bake for 5-8 minutes more, or until the edges are golden brown and there is some browning on the surface. Remove from oven to cool slightly, then reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F.
- Once cashews are soaked and drained, add to a high speed blender with coconut cream, arrowroot starch, lemon juice, lemon zest, sea salt, and maple syrup. Mix on high until very creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed. I added a bit more lemon zest and maple syrup. It should be very lemony, and not overly sweet.
- Pour filling over the pre-baked crust and spread into an even layer. Tap on counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the edges look very slightly dry and the center appears “jiggly” but not liquidy.
- Let rest for 10 minutes, then transfer to refrigerator to let cool completely (uncovered) – at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- To serve, slice and sift with powdered sugar (optional). Store leftovers in the refrigerator, covered, up to 4 days, though best within the first 2 days.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 326
- Sugar: 11.4 g
- Fat: 24.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.3 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 5.9 g
*If you open your can of coconut milk or cream and the cream is not separated from the liquid, that’s okay! Just try and tip out as much of the rich, firm white part and leave the liquid behind. It’s not crucial that it’s entirely cream. But the more cream, the richer the bars will be!
Original Recipe: https://minimalistbaker.com/creamy-vegan-lemon-bars/
INGREDIENT ANSWER: Coconut Oil! Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is one of the key Omega-6 ingredients in Pure Form Omega and is optimal for your health!